SMY. ONDINA LIVEABOARD OVERVIEW
Sailing Motor Yacht ONDINA combine the
romance of a traditional sailing schooner with the facilities,
comfort and equipment of a modern diving liveaboard. She is a 32 m,
two masthead, ketch rigged schooner built in 2001 to the timeless
design of the Buginese (South Sulawesi) sailing perhaps known to
seafarers since the time of Simbad.
She is fitted with the latest in navigational and safety equipment.
Her eight air-conditioned double cabins with en suite bathroom
guarantee a level of comfort you’ll appreciate. There is an
air-conditioned lounge/dining room with television, video, slide
projector and specialist diving library. The galley serves delicious
Asian and Western meals, tea, coffee, cold drinks and snacks are
available around the clock. There is also an additional al fresco
dining area under canvas, and a 60 sqm sun deck, where you can relax
between dives. There’s more, for after-dive relaxation, you can
choose to get a massage session.
The diving schedule usually consists on 3 dives per day, all of them
with sunlight, or 2 day dives and 1 night dive depending on the day
SMY ONDINA collaborates with activities oriented to preserve the
reefs and help local communities to find alternative ways of living
in the areas where they sail and dive.
routes can also be enjoyed by non divers: Paradise beaches, fishing
villages, island trekking, National Parks, rituals and millenary
ceremonies will make the best reward for a well deserved exotic
Eight air-conditioned cabins with
en-suite bathrooms, a full range of photographic facilities and a
huge sundeck all combine to mean a comfortable and high quality
ownership, the dive schedule covers many relatively unexplored areas
such as Ambon in the Maluku's Banda Archipelago, Halmahera, Alor and
Raja Ampat. And with a boarding requirement for each cruise of at
least 50 dives per diver, you can be sure there are no absolute
beginners on your safari. Ondina also has nitrox available for use
for those with suitable qualifications.
For underwater photo enthusiasts, you'll find Ondina well equipped
with E6 film processing facilities and a slide projector to show
your dive buddies your good work. Several of the departures have
guest Pro' photographers, such as Deb Fuggitt, so please enquire if
you have a special interest in these trips. The boat kit up area
also has a secure camera table and padded freshwater tank to rinse
your camera equipment.
Length – 32 metres
Beam - 8,0 metres
Draft - 2,6 metres
Engine – 400HP Man Medium Duty
Sails - Nearly 400m2 surface
Cruising Speed – 9 Knots
Electricity onboard- 220v round the clock
12v emergency lighting circuit
Generators: 30 and 20KW marine sets (Mitsubishi&Isuzu)
Water: 10 tonnes fresh water
Electronic: GPS Plotter-Radar-Echo sounder-VHF radio
SSB radio- Satellite mobile telephone GSM for guest use
Safety: First aid cabin-2 Solas Life Rafts for 30 pax-Life belts and
Safety flares – Fire extinguishers – Oxygen onboard
Other: E6 Slide processing on board – Large work area for
COMMUNICATIONS AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT
We have focused on this topic to be sure you will not dedicate a
single minute to worry about them during the cruise: :
- Electricity onboard · 220v all-around-the-clock
- All electronic equipment is by FURUNO: Nr.1 in the world Furuno
- Dual Frequency Echo Sounder
- GPS Plotter with C-map electronic navigation charts
- Radar 16 miles range.
- VHF Radio with Global Maritime Distress Signal System (GMDSS)
- SSB radio
- ICOM VHF hand setS
>>SECURITY ABOARD THE SMY ONDINA
For your private use and to reassure
100% communications in every remote place during our sail, we also
ERICSSON R190 Telephone: AceS South East Asia Satellite and GSM
- 2 Solas Life Rafts for 30 pax
- Safety Flares
- Fire extinguishers
- First Aids equipment
- Oxygen onboard
- Hiperbaric Chambers in Makassar and Bali
>>TO RELAX AND ENJOY THE SEA
- A/C Dinning Room
- Open air Dinning Room
- Big Kitchen with freezers and coolers
- Hot Water showers and Toilet in Main Deck
- 60 m2 Sundeck with hand shower to refresh yourself.
>>TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER AND VERY PLEASANT
- First Aids Room
- Masseusse onboard
- Library, Music, TV and Video
- Tasty food, tea and coffee, snacks and fruits available at all
>>SPECIAL FOR DIVERS
- Generous Dive Galley for 16 divers with equipment, designed by
divers for divers.
- Fixed equipment positions for each diver during the trip
- Diving Compressors under the deck...silence!
- Equipment Room for rinsing equipments and suits
- Personal shelf for charging batteries and diving material for
>>SPECIAL FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Slides Processing (E-6)available on board.
- 24hrs electricity to allow free batteries and flashes charging any
hour of the day.
- Individual Charging Stations for each Buddy.
- Laptop and CD rewriter for freeing Memory cards of your Digital
- Big Photographer's Tables and Quilted rinsing-tubs for taking good
care of your cameras.
- Slide Projector
>>DIVING EQUIPMENT ONBOARD
- 2 diving compressors Mariner.
- SCUBAPRO diving gear for rent available onboard. (Please, book in
- 12 and 15lts. steel and aluminium tanks. INT/DIN.
- Weight-belts and safety buoys included in the price of the cruise.
- Nitrox available.
- 3 dinghies: 2 semirigid and 1 rigid with 40 and 25 HP YAMAHA
- Maintenance kits and spare parts for SCUBAPRO diving equipment.
RAJA AMPAT DIVE